The following positions are open in the Kansas City office. To be considered, please submit your resume to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mechanical Engineer - Overland Park, KS Office
Join the Argus team and create state-of-the-art solutions for the critical infrastructure that fuels our world.
You can make a difference as one of the employee-owners of Argus Consulting, a trusted leader in planning, designing and managing the construction of complex fuel systems. As an Argus engineer you’ll develop a highly-specialized expertise and have the opportunity to do it all—from finding the client and defining the work to design and execution. Come work for a small business that has a global reach, in an atmosphere that is professionally challenging and personally supportive.
We are growing, with multiple new commercial and military aviation and railroad petroleum facilities projects and new offices in New York and Arizona. We’ve built our success on long-term relationships and traditional values – Integrity, Competence, Teamwork and the Golden Rule. And we continue to be successful by offering competitive salaries and benefits, real teamwork, leadership opportunities and a strong family culture. Come grow with us.
Be a specialized fueling facility designer.
- Argus Consulting is seeking qualified individuals to fill Mechanical Engineering positions in our Overland Park, KS office
- Projects include fueling systems for commercial airports, rail companies and military installations worldwide and cover a broad spectrum in size, ranging from small FBO operations to multi-million dollar jet fuel storage facilities.
- Clients include airlines, airports, fixed-base operators, ENR’s Top 25 Architecture/Engineering Design Firms and ENR’s Top 10 Design/Build Firms, Fortune 500 companies, fuel-servicing companies, oil companies, railroads, and the U.S. government.
- Be an owner. We’re 100% employee-owned and we pride ourselves on our technical innovation, creativity and highly-specialized expertise.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) with experience working for other consulting firms and/or construction contractors a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required in mechanical engineering from ABET accredited program
- Minimum of two years related fueling design experience with a working knowledge of the applicable fire codes
- This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments
- Successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills. Successful candidate shall be a self-starter and work well on multiple project teams simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2015 and use of reference files
- Plant3D and Civil 3D experience a plus
Job Duties May Include:
- Engineering design of fuel storage, distribution and dispensing system. Coordination with electrical, structural and civil disciplines. Including piping layout, tank sizing, equipment sizing and selection. Writing technical specifications.
- Perform steady state and transient state hydraulic calculations.
- Provide CAD development of multi-discipline engineering drawings for the construction of aviation (military and commercial), rail, oil and gas and industrial projects
- Provide CAD drawing details as applicable to construction drawings, preparation of sketches, exhibits related to engineering studies and reports
- Provide construction support services including compliance submittal review, response to RFIs, and site inspections.
- Interact with clients and operators during all phases of a project.